**ATTENTION EMERGENCY CLIENTS**
All veterinary emergency hospitals, including Eastern Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Center, are facing unprecedented increases in caseload. To better establish expectations for your visit, please carefully read the following:
- The Emergency Service operates on the basis of the most critical patients being seen and taken care of first. We DO NOT see cases in the order that they arrive – all cases are examined by the triage nurse and are seen in order of severity.
- If your pet has a NON LIFE-THREATENING issue, you should be prepared for extended wait times – depending on critical caseload, this could range from 30 minutes to 6 or more hours
- If your pet has a non life-threatening issue (skin disease, dental disease, limping, chronic issues, etc), please consider going either to an urgent care facility or waiting for a scheduled appointment with your primary care veterinarian. This will likely be less stressful and faster for you, and will allow our staff to devote more time to critically ill pets and their owners
- You must remain on premises (in the hospital or in the parking lot, depending on current COVID restrictions) until you have spoken with a doctor and signed an estimate for treatment. It is impossible for us to accurately estimate how long it will be until your pet is seen. If we are unable to reach you or if you leave the premises, we will move on to the next patient in line.
- While we understand that coming to an Emergency Hospital is stressful, there has been a significant increase over the past year in client/owner impatience and anger towards hospital staff. Be aware that verbal abuse or any other threatening behavior from clients towards any Eastern Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Center staff WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If you are verbally abusive or threatening to any staff member, you will be dismissed from the hospital premises without service. We are here to help, but you must be patient and polite in order to help us do our jobs.
By completing and signing your intake paperwork, you are acknowledging and consenting to all the above information.
Thank you, and we look forward to helping you and your pet!
Sincerely – The doctors and staff of EPVMC